Our heartfelt thanks go out to The Odd Spot who nominated us for a Liebster Award yesterday.
Not wishing to miss out on the opportunity to make our mark on the blogosphere, we’re continuing the chain by sharing the love with other blogs we follow.
Here’s the rules:
1. You must link back the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favourite blogs with less than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Our Answers to Questions posed by The Odd Spot
(Answers from Steve, Express Chemist Blogger)
1. Who/what is your greatest inspiration in life?
I’ll have to be deliberately evasive here, there are so many inspiring people/events/places/things in life and many of them I’ve still to experience. To single one out as the greatest is to dishonour the others, past and future. I’ve heard it said however that you become like the people who surround you and the biggest influence on my life often comes from my friends and family.
2. If money was no object what would you be doing right now?
Languishing in my purpose built, luxury castle typing up my blog on my jewel-encrusted, 24 carat gold keyboard, Seriously though, if money was no object it would afford me more time, which I’d use to spend with my family and get that blasted novel finished.
3. What is your favourite meal?
I’m really into sushi right now.
4. What is your favourite movie?
Arg! Stop asking me to single out one favourite, at least make it a top 5!
5. Do you/your children have any allergies?
Although none of my clan have been officially diagnosed with allergies we’ve all, at apparently random times, displayed hay feverish symptoms. Personally one summer, a few years back, almost from nowhere, I was teary-eyed and bunged-up for a good month or so. The cause still remains a mystery and I’ve not experienced the symptoms before or since. As I understand it however we can react to previously unencountered pollens etc, I speculate that during that summer a prevailing wind from ‘wherever’ blew some bad funk my way.
6. Do you have any specific dietary requirements?
Not personally although my eldest has mild eczema and we’ve found cutting back on dairy seems to help him.
7. Why do you blog?
Professionally speaking, because I’m paid to. Personally speaking, because I love to write, and writers, like footballers or concert pianists, get better with persistent practice.
8. What is your day job?
I’m a content writer/editor at Express Chemist.
9. What is one goal you want to achieve in the next 12 months?
To master writing well reasoned, engaging and relevant copy.
10. Who is your biggest supporter?
The No.1 lady in my life, Mrs Steve!
Our Nominees are (in no particular order)
Our Questions to nominees
- What’s your opinion about the Liebster Award?
- What’s the purpose of your blog?
- Do you find blogging a ‘useful’ activity?
- Do you think there are far too many pictures of people’s cats on the internet?
- Do you have any specific health concerns?
- What would be your dream job?
- What do you get up to in your spare time?
- If you could banish one thing from the world what would it be and why?
- What’s the last book you read?
- What do you think the world will be like 100 years from now?